If you are new to magazine production, Ridgeway Press is able to assist you every step of the way. Or perhaps you already produce a magazine and it needs a bit of a revamp? Don’t worry, we can help.
There is plenty to consider when producing a printed magazine, including:
- This is where an expert design eye can help enormously. There are plenty of rules about proportions, typeface, use of images and so on, but a relatively small investment to get the right layout can make all the difference.
Quality of paper
- Glossy paper provides the best image quality, but a matt finish may fit better with your company’s character.
- The weight of the paper is all important and can say a lot about the style of magazine without a word even being printed.
- Size does matter!
- This is when a magazine has images or printed elements that touch the edge of the page, leaving no ‘white’ margin. It is printed on a larger sheet of paper and then trimmed down to get this effect.
- There are plenty of choices here – stapled, a multitude of stitched options, perfect bound (like a book with a spine) or spiral/wiro-bound (punched holes in the paper with a spiral metal binder or metal loops). The different options have an impact on the layout, in particular for the margin area.
- The binding will also affect what you do with the cover pages of the magazine.
There is so much choice and so many decisions to make, but this is where a good printer, like Ridgeway Press, is worth their weight in gold. The people at Ridgeway understand print and the production processes so we can help you not only with the choice of materials, but also with the design. We will work with you – and your budget – to find the best options for your situation and ones that will help you meet your magazine’s objectives.
Call us now on 01256 300420 to see how we can help you.
Have a look at what our customers say and find out why Ridgeway Press customers are so happy with our service.